First, let's be clear that this is not an apology type of statement where an organization responds to an issue it has created or is responsible for. This is about showcasing your organization's human side.
So, what are the key elements of that statement? Well, they are:
- showing empathy/compassion
- relaying a sense of action
- presenting a positive outcome
- we share your grief .... collective sorrow .... all of us ... our thoughts and prayers .... with the victims, their families
- our will is undeterred .... we will continue to fight XXXX, YYYY, ZZZZ ... safer, more vibrant communities .... stronger ... positive alternatives ....
- together we can achieve this .... brighter future for us all .... we can all unite in this effort ...